CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR A SPECIAL EDITION OF THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HISTORICAL LEARNING, TEACHING AND RESEARCH
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR A SPECIAL EDITION OF THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HISTORICAL LEARNING, TEACHING AND RESEARCH [IJHLTR] volume 15.2
IJHLTR is the peer reviewed international academic journal on History Education of the History Educators International Research Network - HEIRNET - that the Historical Association of Great Britain - the HA - publishes.
RATIONALE FOR THE IJHLTR SPECIAL EDITION
This special edition will draw upon HEIRNET’s annual conference being held from 30th August - 1st September 2017 in Dublin, Ireland, www.heirnet17.com. and other submitted papers. The conference’s overarching theme is History Education In Challenging Times: Meeting ‘The Other’ Across Time And Space. The theme has ten supplementary elements, each with its own topics.
1. History Education in the Age of Nationalism, Regionalism, Globalisation and Issues of Identity
2. History across the Curriculum:
3. History Around Us: Community, Heritage and the Environment and Issues of Identity
4. Thinking Historically / Cognition
5. Assessment – its Nature, Purpose and Role [also see Theme 6, Topic 5]
6. Statutory Curriculum Documents, National Curricula and National Examinations/Testing
7. Professional Knowledge - The History Teacher’s Craft
8. The History of History Education: Past into Present
9. Research and Evidence Based History Education
10. Practitioner-Research: The Integration Of Theory And Practice
For the Special Edition’s themes and topics in full, see attached HEIRNET 2017 Conference Circular, pages 4-6 or consult www.heirnet2017.com conference submissions section.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS FOR THE IJHTR SPECIAL EDITION
Please complete the and return to email@example.com Please indicate on the form if your abstract will be the same as for a HEIRNET 2017 conference, theme or topic.
Submission guidelines are available at the following link to the Historical Association website + an exemplar edition of IJHLTR – volume 13.2
A. Call for abstracts closes - 24 July 2017
B. Editorial Selection of Abstracts for special edition papers by - 9thOctober 2017
C. Deadline for submission of accepted papers - 12th November 2017
D. Peer review, revision of papers and editing completed by - 25th March 2018
E. Galleys phase with final proofs by – 25th April 2018